Thematic Mapping: Engine
Please note that you will need the Google Earth plugin to preview these thematic maps and you will need Google Earth to view the downloadable KML files.
- Select a boudary type (Registation Districts, Edinburgh Cooperative Building Company or Sanitary Districts). Note that Registration Districts change shape over time.
- Select a statistical indicator.
- Select a year.
- Choose from two thematic mapping techniques: choropleth or prism (3d choropleth).
- Choose colour scale or single colour. The colour scale can be unclassed or classed (equal intervals or quantiles).
- You can edit the default map description. Click down arrow next to Map Description to open dialog.
- You can either preview the map or download a KML file to your computer.
Based on the Thematic Mapping Engine v1.6 © Bjørn Sandvik 2008 (GPLv3).